July 04, 2012

Picture Board Upcycle

You have no idea how excited I am to share this post with you!

I received this little number for free from my mother-in-law a while back.......

It doesn't exactly scream 'Keep me as I am' now, does it?

So, I tore off the white ribbon, 
the tacky daisy buttons, and the not-so-awesome checkered fabric and went to town!

First, I cut this fun polk-a-dot fabric I found at Hobby Lobby for 30% off to fit the picture board, making sure I left enough to pull and secure the ends to the back of the board.

I then proceeded to wrap the board as I would wrap a gift, making sure to pull tight each time so there were no wrinkles in the front.

How did I secure the fabric to the back, you ask?

A GLUE GUN!  

That's all I needed for this project.....a glue gun and scissors.
Would someone please give the person who invented the glue gun a hug already!?!

It's not perfect, but this is the BACK, so who cares, right?

I then added tulle for ease of hanging:

Next up, I added the pink ribbon.  Again, securing it to the back with only hot glue.

And then the green ribbon in the opposite direction:

Finally, it needed that POP, and since I had a box of bling to work with, that's what I did......
I added a little bling to each spot where the pink and green ribbon crossed.

How did I do that?  Yep....a glue gun!  LOL.


The finished product.....I am totally in love with it!

Linking up with some of these awesome parties:

*Making the World Cuter Mondays
*I Gotta Try That
*Flaunt it Friday @ Chic on a Shoestring Decorating

6 comments:

  1. Love the bright colours with the black - good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very fun project! Love the colors, and you're right--it would go great in Krysta's room with those bright colors!

    gail

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job, Hayley! You have such vision for creating cute new pieces out of what you have on hand.

    Happy belated birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great re-do! I love the colors and the fabric! Thanks for sharing at the Pomp Party! Pinning to our Pomp Party board!

    ReplyDelete