March 13, 2013

A Whole 'Latte' Change

Two weeks after having my baby boy, I thought for sure things would be back to normal around here.  Oh, how wrong I was!  It has been 9 years since we have had an infant in the house, and I completely forgot how much attention a newborn needs.....not to mention sharing that attention with my other 3 children, all while recovering from my second c-section (which in itself has been a lot harder this time around).  I just had this vision that I would bounce back quickly, and be cleaning, cooking, and crafting like the moment I got home from the hospital.  Foolishness, I tell you....LOL.

I did manage to change the look of my blog this morning....(priorities, right?)....and am anxious to share with you my new coffee bar space in my dining room.  That Pinterest has some wonderful ideas, doesn't it?

We are heavy coffee drinkers in this house, and knowing my love for coffee, my husband got me a Keurig for Christmas!  I have to admit, I haven't used it much.  I think the coffee is entirely too strong from the Keurig, so we use our coffee pot a lot more.  Do any of you have a Keurig, and what are your opinions?

In any case, I knew I wanted to make a coffee bar, and I had found this fun storage unit at a local consignment shop for $15.  I thought it would work perfectly for this space, and be functional as well with the storage for coffee underneath.



I had the shelf on the wall, which was a natural wood stain when I received it as a gift for Christmas one year.  A little spray paint goes a long way!  It was the perfect size for my coffee mugs, and those fun coffee sayings I found at a craft fair last fall.




Yay for me!  My first project since July of 2012......hoping to post more often now that I'm done being pregnant.  Check back soon!

Linking up with:
Someday Crafts
Gingersnap Crafts
Skip To My Lou

2 comments:

  1. Hayley:

    Normal? hahahahahahahahaha! =)

    Nice job on your coffee area. Eric and I don't drink it, and actually he doesn't like any hot drinks except for apple cider, so I think it's funny you have a whole area devoted to coffee decor and supplies!

    Thinking of you and your fam as you keep adjusting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to say something about this when I was there last week, but somehow my attention was on a small bundle :) Looks great ~ although I was hoping a photo of Decker would have somehow manage to find it's way into the post. Like the title :)

    ReplyDelete